readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Crush (Crush, #1) - Lacey Weatherford Love, obsession, betrayal, mystery, secrets and drama.
All combined into one and you get CRUSH.

Looking at the premise the story, it was the typical forbidden love but the people involved can’t seem to fight the attraction they have for one another. But one thing that makes this story different from the other is the twist that revolved around it. This is definitely not the first time I encountered such twist on my reading but it still did surprise me because I never even expected it. And I tell you, it was effective!

I really like Cami's character for the fact that she's not annoying and it’s rare to find a heroine that doesn’t tick me off all throughout the story. With Cami she’s just her. Her innocence and naivety didn’t even annoy me maybe because she doesn’t blabber and wishy wash with stuffs. She stands on her own principles and beliefs. She’s compassionate and smart but tends to hide it because she’s not confident enough.

Now, Hunter – I know beforehand that there is something with him. I just have this huge hunch that he’s hiding something beneath the persona he is carrying and I’m proud to say I did get that right. He’s gorgeous and the type of guy that girls swoon over. I like his authoritative and commanding personality with Cami.

Once again, this story prove to me that opposites do attract.
Cami and Hunter's name are even under the definition of opposite. She’s a simple girl and he’s the girl’s man. The mystery that resides between them – a mystery that cannot be revealed until the storm is thru is enough to keep me glued in.

A story with a set of characters that are all believable plus a storyline that has a good mix of swoony moments, drama and action. Crush would definitely make your adrenaline rush and would keep your mind working on its mystery. Looking forward in reading other works of Lacey Weatherford!!