readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) - Jessica Sorensen
"In the existence of our lives, there is a single coincidence that brings us together and for a moment, our hearts beat as one."

I believe in coincidences and destiny or being at the right place at the right time. I mean, things wouldn’t happen if they’re not meant to be right? Maybe I'm living on a book land fantasy of believing but I still do believe in those because in sometimes an escape from the real life comes in handy.

The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden is one of the most attractive books I encountered this year. The cover of the book was epically attractive and I'm glad to say it lived up to my expectations; there’s more beneath it after this cover. Another thing is that I think the title was well thought and pretty much catchy for hopeful romantic people like me, it offers a sense of mystery at the same time a belief that the story within could happen in any normal circumstance.

They have known each other for years but never really know each other well until a series of coincidence brought Callie and Kayden together; an encounter that bring Callie to Kayden's rescue. The coincidental meetings again at the same university they’re attending bring them closer to one another and open up not only windows but doors to a new friendship and relationship. They’re both hurt and affected by the events from their past and present but maybe being together they could out pass it.

Callie's character was pretty sad. I feel the same way as Kayden feels about her, every time I read about her it seems like a part of me aches for her sadness. Her whole character was just filled by the ghost of her past - an experience that haunted her for a long time now. It is the one responsible for her being sad all the time and losing her real self. She accepts things as they are; even if they’re flawed or broken she always gets to see good things about them and that’s what I love most about her. I also love her best friend Seth, I just want someone like him; the list that Seth and Callie has was one thing that I would also want to try. I know being outside your comfort zone could be hard and awkward at first but then as you get out of it you'll see that there are more things are there. It was a pretty good idea I think.

Kayden is suffering a day to day battle of his own. He didn’t know how damaged he was and how wrong what was happening to him until Callie saved him.

The story of Callie and Kayden was heart wrenching and most time my heart really do ache for both of them. They’re both regular functioning teenagers but deep down, their wounds are so deep they’re both affected by it.

It was just so good I was unable to put it down until I finished it; the story and deep dark secrets unfolded perfectly. The delivery of Callie and Kayden's story was exquisitely done that I feel every pain and hardship but also the hope and joy they feel along the way. In alternating POV's we saw the two sides of the story. It was so good I get to see their observations about things.

The prologue really got me and after the first chapter I was hooked, Line and sinker and then the mighty ending came. Sweet potatoes! I was not prepared for that epic cliffhanger! Honestly, I'm not even aware that this would have a part two; I read this with the thing in mind that it would be a stand alone book. The cliffhanger definitely completely left me off-guard. I need the book 2 now!!!

In all, it was a very captivating and exquisite story; it was full of depth and very much interesting and would surely grip you until the very last page. It was also a story about second chances, moving on, living life the moment and loving despite the pain it might cause. The characters were very relatable and genuine. Don't wait anymore, go ahead and get a copy of this one! Definitely worth the read!