readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Mia's Heart (The Paradise Diaries, #2) - Courtney Cole Dante's Girl really caught my heart when I've read it and finding that there would be a companion novel to it, I can't help but feel enthusiastically happy and excited about it.

But there's a big but in here, Mia's Heart didn’t quite work that well for me. The story was interesting at first but there's this sense of shallowness on it. It was told in a way that things didn’t quite gets deeper than Mia's desire to be herself and her love life complication add up her missing memories. Even the characters aren’t quite explored here. We've seen Mia's problems with her parents but I didn’t quite see the new character, Quinn Mckeyan's real identity, I know he's an exchange student and so? What are other things about him? And Gavin, why the sudden fondness and uber flirtiness with memory lacking Mia?

Maybe I’m just comparing it to Dante’s Girl but I don’t know, maybe this story was just a bit shorter and it seems like there’s some dragging moments.

The love triangle was pretty hard here because most of the time on stories with love triangles I get to easily pick who I want the girl to end up with but here it was one tough job. Gavin was sweet and funny and he knows the real Mia while Quinn is the understanding new boy who gets to see what lies beneath the Mia. Good thing, a hint was given along the way and it leads me to the right guy. ;)

The amnesia thing happened in a snap of a finger, one time they’re out there having fun then the next moment she doesn’t have any memory left. The way it happened really makes sense to me and this is where the plot of the story mainly revolved in Mia's discovery of who she really is.

Dante and Reece also make another appearance here! Yipee! I miss those two and seeing them here having a closer and stronger relationship makes me want to read another book about them.

In all, I can't say that I love love love this but Mia's heart was an okay read. Maybe it could be longer and other details could be added up but anyhow this series is still definitely worth reading and seeing that Gavin will have his story next, I can’t wait to read it.