readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

My Favorite Mistake - Chelsea M. Cameron I'm going to start this review by giving a huge round of applause and great admiration to the playlist of this book, I added a bunch of songs to my 'Book Playlist' just from this story. God, every song mentioned in the story truly related to the story itself! From Coldplay to The Civil Wars to Taylor Swift (Yes, I'm deeply a huge fan of hers), every song suited the story of Hunter and Taylor. Some of them are pretty old stuff but my love for those songs resurfaces thanks to My Favorite Mistake. ;)

My Favorite Mistake has a story that would make you want to turn the pages endlessly and just continue reading it and a huge part to that is the great character development. Both the characters have established pasts which relates to their present.

My first encounter with Taylor, I know she's already hiding something which causes her extreme aggressiveness and incapability to let guys be near her. Taylor was really a genuine character that I enjoyed reading. She has a very strong character that hinders her to fall for Hunter - at first- but as the story goes, we see her walls slowly break down and finally she let him be at her side.

Hunter is the new roommate and he's a guy and that's unexpected for Taylor. He’a a one of a kind guy that believes in luck and even had it ink on his body (e.g A star, #7,). He has this bad-boy persona but he isn't that bad, instead he has those hidden talents that would surely make girls swoon like he's a really good dancer, a capable awesome cook, a very talented musician, and he’s overly thoughtful and helpful so I really don’t get the concept of people labeling him as a jerk or as a bad guy on the story. He has this happy-go-lucky type of attitude but deep down inside him he’s still haunted by a very tragic loss from the past.

The best thing to this is that they're together, though their bickering with one another was endless, and they continue to say "I don't like you" with one another (which is clearly denial I should say, I was still rooting for their happy ending, but honestly while on the process of reading this I don’t really know where their relationship would go. Hunter and Taylor both suffered tragic events and it feels like everyday they’re both suffering from it but it was nice to see them be in each others arm to support each other through their unfortunate past memories and lead a bright and better way ahead. It literally makes me squeal when they both break down their boundaries and just go with what they feel with one another; they were absolutely lovely and fabulous together forever.

All in all, it was a pretty good novel and I really do like it! The writing was good, the characters were relatable and believable and even the situations plus the music included was so much fun. It’s definitely worth reading :)

PS. See Chapter one on Hunter's POV HERE. Enjoy! :)