readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

The Edge of Never - J.A. Redmerski
“The heart always wins out over the mind. The heart, although reckless and suicidal and a masochist all on its own, always gets its way. The mind may be what’s best, but I don’t give a shit what my mind is telling me anymore. Right now, I just want to live in the moment.”

It has been days since I read this and I don’t know why but I'm still hang-overed from the story. Sigh. I don't even know where to start this review for I'm still lost for words and this is definitely one of those rare times that I wish I could’ve given more than 5 stars rating.

The Edge of Never is definitely on of the best books I've ever read this year. As I've said I'm still hang-overed from the story even after days of reading this. In all honestly, I have extremely high expectations with this book because it appears daily on my feeds on goodreads and it really did get me curious and after reading the blurb and seeing and reading all the raves and reviews about it I immeadiately wanted to read it and wow all the raves and reviews is indeed true, this is one good book!

It has a beautifully written story that is overflowing of emotions. It was poignant and the characters were just so honest and easy to relate to. At certain times, I began to think that I know here the story was heading but y'all I'm definitely wrong when the story suddenly turned another way around, it was predictable in a very unpredictable kind of way - uhm does that even make sense?

A journey of discovery is what this story is about. Andrew was taking the long road avoiding a certain thing while Camryn was taking the road to nowhere and it just so happens that a series of unfortunate events lead them to the same place and to one another; they’re similar to some degree yet completely different in another.

I love road trip stories and everything that accompanies it but Camryn and Andrew take my fondness of it to another level. Their journey was moving and very touching. I like their easy conversations, teasing and flirting, especially the playlist they have. The songs mentioned are oldies but it makes me feel nostalgic (more songs to add on my book playlist! Yay!)

Andrew and Camryn are both lost and they’re still both so young and most of the things they did was by impulse but it really did get them to where they wanted to be and being able to commit with another. I really love watching their relationship grow and sigh sigh sigh they’re just so perfect for each other.

“Are you in love with me, Camryn Bennett?”

I blush super-hard and twist my lips into a hard line, pressing my face deeper against his hard pec.

“Not yet,” I say with a smile in my voice, “but I’m gettin’ there.”

The story packed up amazingly! It was just perfect and behold there's an epilogue so yay for that! It was a beautiful story about love, friendship and living in the moment and to its fullest. It is one of those rare reads that you should definitely not miss, so do yourself a huge favor and give time to read this.