readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

The Stillburrow Crush - Linda Kage It's not always, but I do have a tendency to spoil myself a bit when it comes to reading certain books. I'm not really sure if I should read it or not, so I found myself shuffling some reviews and reading stuffs regarding this, I just want to be prepared if something drastic would come by the end of it because I easily get attached and emotional to some readings. So anyways, I ended up reading it - very much prepared - and it was worth the battle of my mind.

The first chapter of the book opens with a funeral, but we don’t know whose and why because the book just started. Then we were transported to the past event that leads to this certain funeral and at around the 10th chapter that's where I found out that this is a diary kept by the main character. I admit the plot of this book was nothing fresh or new for avid readers; the concept of it was also nothing new, but the impressive characteristics of its characters carry the story greatly.

Carrie and Luke were two very realistic and impressive characters that I very much enjoyed reading. Carrie was a very good storyteller; she's sassy and bubbly and honestly honest. She’s overly defensive but definitely has reasons behind it. Her crush for Luke was too cute to handle. lol. Luke was sweet and though he's well known on the school, she's not the 'bad-boy' type of guy for he's the exact opposite of it. He's humble and he’s a good poet inside. ;)

Carrie's brother Marty was one mystery character. Though he has been a good brother for Carrie, the thing that he suffered during the last chapters of the book breaks my heart. I truly felt sad for him. There’s more to him. Though he seems to be just one of those supporting character he also became a central part of it.

The Still burrow crush was quite predictable and the concept was nothing new but it was still a fun and good read with very interesting characters. Reading this worked well with me. 