readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

The Off Season - Catherine Gilbert Murdock Hey D.J Schwenk can we be the best of friends?

My love for D.J Schwenk goes on and on and on and this sequel to The Dairy Queen was one awesome awesome read!

On this one, things get a bit out of hand for our mini-heroine. She suffered a not so good injury that she decided to stop playing football but instead go back to her true sport which is basketball. Then things with Brian are also getting off plus her brother Win also suffered this devastating injury. For such a young age D.J has been through a lot. I can't help but cry and feel bad for D.J on the middle parts of the book. It seems that everything was going wrong. I stop reading from time to time to cope up with my feelings of hopelessness for her.

Brian and D.J’s part literally makes me asdfghjkl. I’m really rooting for the both of them to be together. But I really feel proud for D.J for standing up for her own self after what Brian did with her because it seems that Brian was embarrassed to his friends to be seen with her. She makes me feel proud for not tolerating such attitude and not being blinded even by the love and care and concern shown by the guy. It’s really good that she realizes that she deserves someone who would be proud of whom she really is because she’s really one of a kind and for keeps.

Her struggles with her brother Win’s injuries are mostly the part that makes me cry. She’s been through a lot before the injury came then all of a sudden she’s once again in charge of things. She’s the kind of person who has so much care and love and patience with things and I really do admire her for that plus reading in her POV was pretty interesting.

Things packed up so nicely on this book. D.J resolves her problems and you could definitely feel her happiness and relief after all she's been through. I did cheer for her though the end! Book 3 I’m on the way! :D