readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Love Unscripted - Tina Reber I started this book with no expectations or whatsoever. The synopsis sold on me and though it was published a couple of years ago seeing this on Netgalley I immediately requested for it. Sigh. Could a book get much more longer? lol.

---
Taryn was a lovely bar owner living a peaceful life on a small city.
Ryan was a famous Hollywood actor filming his new movie.
Then these two met under weird and chaotic instance.
Their fairytale relationship began but things and people are going to try to rip them apart.
Will their unscripted love make it through?

Love Unscripted’s story may seem familiar to others because it’s also familiar to me because the concept of having a movie star falling for a simple person - I've read that a couple of times but I guess the story of Love Unscripted has the most matured and complicated approach to it.

Taryn was a very strong woman. She loves Ryan without reservations. She loves all of him, from the overly energetic and sometimes psychotic fans, tabloid rumors, lady co-stars and the distance between them. She loves him despite of everything. Her trust issue was very understandable. Her experience from her past relationship causes her doubt to Ryan's feelings for her.

Ryan, on the other hand just wants to live a normal life when he's not filming and he found his safe haven on Taryn’s home. He really does loves acting and doing his jobs but the chaotic thing that accompanies it is what he loathes.

I have no doubt that Taryn and Ryan’s relationship was great. The first time they met -though under a weird and chaotic instance-the pull or attraction between them was there. The good thing about them was that they didn’t instantly dive into what they feel, there’s anticipation and excitement between them. They were undoubtedly and madly in love with each other as the story goes.

There are a lot of conflicts this story possess but the trust issue is the biggest one. Taryn have trust issues ever since her last boyfriend/fiancé cheated on her so trusting Ryan takes a bit of work for her even though she truly loves him. The way Taryn felt about her relationship with Ryan was very understandable; Thinking that your boyfriend is the in-demand best selling actor of this time he has a lot of people surrounding him, people that are going to try to rip both of them apart. In that situation you could only trust to his words.

I like the characters and how the story goes around the beginning but as I continue, a time came when I just feel out of focus with it. The thing that makes me lose focus on this is that this is definitely not a quick and fast read as opposed to other books I'm used to read. The galley I received consists of almost 700 pages and it was not really an easy read. It was far too long. Honestly, I love stories that gives detailed information abut the characters and the story itself but in here it’s overly detailed. A single scene or event takes up at least 5 pages and a couple of chapters. I mean, it really is a good thing to give details about the story and it was necessary for the development of the story but by doing it overly may seem to drag the readers like me.

Love unscripted was a story full of happiness, heartwarming moments, suspense, anger and love. It was good if it was much shorter. The sequel to this book Love Unrehearsed was released this year and I really don’t know if I’m going to read it though I’m still curious about it. So we’ll just see if I ever find time reading the second book. ;)