readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Collision - Stefne Miller What thing from merciful heavens happened here?

description

The gif speaks for itself. My emotion is on whirlwind that I don't really know what to do. I wept after reading it and I went to bed still weeping over it and when I woke up I remember I've read this and wept all over again.

I never really thought that this book would affect me this much. I mean, it really mess up my emotions and all. I don't really know where to start my review. Just remembering that I've read about Kei and Cab is enough for my tears to well up again. But anyhow, it’s just so beautiful and all.

Kei and Cab's world revolve on different axis. They could not be more different until they met each other and they form a bond that is unbreakable.

Kei dedicated her life helping other people. She lives and works in Uganda doing missionary works with her parents and she has this positive outlook in life that affects people greatly. I love her for having the attitude of being stubborn at the same time passionate and held her own ground. Cab on the other hand is the famous hottie-movie star which is accustomed to luxury. Until he meet Kei. He is shocked on how the real world looks and goes on. At first, I was really doubted by Cab's intention to Kei and I can't help but be skeptical about him, but despite all of that I end out adoring him.

They're a very adorable but very unlikely pair. It seems that the world was all up against on their relationship but somehow being together makes them learn a lot of things about each other and the real world. With their similarities and few differences, it was nice seeing them getting a taste of what each other go through. Their romance takes them across the worlds mostly in Europe. Seeing this two being together makes you take a sigh and think things are finally now in order.

The mood of the book was pretty unpredictable for me. I never really know what would happen next because even the characters are very much unpredictable. The overall mood here was pretty nice. The heartwarming moments are thoroughly mixed with the serious ones. There are a lot of adorable and swoony scenes that make me grin like a fool and smile from ear to ear.

I may have mentioned good things about this book, but there's one downside despite of that all and it’s that mighty ending. I wasn’t really happy about it! It mess me up and my emotions and my everything. I don’t want to elaborate more for the fear of spoiling it for you all but Gah! I just really don’t understand it. Why do they have to end things that way? It’s breaking my heart just recalling it.

I wanted to read it over and over again but I don’t want to cry no more so I'll steer away from it for awhile hah! :D Anyhow, Collision was really an incredible and beautifully written book (aside for its poor excuse for the ending) . It was full of heartwarming moments and a lot of tears for me. So if you're looking for a great read with a very touching story, great characters and swooning romance please do check this out! :)

God. This was just beautiful.