readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1) - Molly McAdams
"People fall in and out of love all the time, and sometimes people have numerous loves throughout their lives. But you have two epic loves and no matter who you were with, I don’t think you’d ever get over or forget the other.”

Harper was raised on a military base and homeschooled throughout her life. She never has this female influence in her life coz of being surrounded by males all her life. Not long after her stay in college, she finds herself caught in the middle of a love triangle; a triangle involving two guys who are different as night and day.

There's Brandon, who seems to have the world on his feet. He seems to be good at everything and treats Harper nicely, affectionate and don't play games with her. He shows his truest intentions to her.

Then there's Chase, the hot, screaming of sex appeal, bad boy kind of guy who loves to party and mingle with different girls.

Harper seems to have the best of both worlds with these guys. But when it's time to choose, who would it be?

---

After all the intriguing and awesome reviews I've read accompanied by my great spoiling ability I put this book on hold for awhile but I finally find the guts to finish it and I don't know why I still feel so emotionally drained after reading this. Just looking at the cover makes me want to cry again. I just can't.

The love triangle on this story makes my reading a little but harder, because I really hate love triangles because I feel like I'm the one that is bound to choose between two people. I was torn between loving and wanting to spank the peas out of its characters.

Sometimes, Harper seems to be good and bad at the same time. I like her for standing up on her own for the things that have happened on her life and being able to still focus on finishing her studies and I really can't blame her for being so indecisive between Brandon and Chase, because that's what girls are known for: being indecisive. I was bothered by her unlikely behavior on the first couple parts of the book but as the story progressed she matures and now makes up her own decisions.Brandon was that one guy that's very ideal. He's every girls dream man to have for being so affectionate and loving and understanding. I honestly don’t like him for Harper at all because I was rooting for Chase since the start, but after seeing him with Harper after the sudden turn of events, I can't seem to grasp where he gets that extreme level of understanding and love that he gives Harper. I really do like him during the last couple parts of the story. Now Chase. My God! He's the one responsible for the tears that continuously streams down whenever I remember him I'm literally sobbing and crying as I read what happened to Chase. After that event, I wanted to stop my reading but for the sake of knowing what would happen to the others he left behind, I continue reading it. And My lord, every single time a thing about Chase was mentioned I can’t help but let the tears stream down my effin' face. I feel bad that the author easily eliminated Chase from the story scene just when things started to go smoothly. I hate the sudeen heartbreak that I felt knowing he will not be there for Harper for the next chapters. :(

In all honesty, I feel so lost on how I really feel about this book. It was a good story, it was an okay one, but there are parts that I really don't like much and the thing is that I just can't really accept things that have happened on the story; those sudden and drastic things that literally tore my heart into tiny little pieces. This book makes me feel different kind of things all at the same time. It makes me want to fall in love, laugh, and cry, feel confused, sob and cry again and even spank someone .The emotional roller-coaster really left me drained.

Taking Chances is about Taking Chances. The love story might seem to be the main focal point of the story but there are issues presented. The story widens our mind about how things can suddenly change in a blink of an eye. It makes us see how life can be so fragile and that family constitutes a big part of our life and it also makes us believe in second chances. It was full of love, buckets of drama, loss and tragedy, heartbreaking heartbreaks and forgiveness.