readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Never Say Never - Kailin Gow I've been reading Kailin Gow's books for awhile now, some of them I loved and some not that much, Never say Never is intriguing me so I give it a shot.

Never say Never is short at the same time fast paced. It’s good because reading it was easy but the not so good part about this is that things seems to be rushed and put in all at once.

Honestly, none of the characters seem to connect with me. Never was okay, but its really hard connecting with her character. She's pretty hypocrite at times. Yes, she's pretty and that daughter of a former rock-icon but none of her personalities seems to connect with me and the sudden attention she got from her band mates bothered me. It was stated or rather she stated that nothing was really going on with her and her band mates and all of a sudden some of them are making a move and confessing their love on her. I just find it weird and seem to be a bit of rushed for me.

Danny Blue was okay too, nothing swoon-worth to him other than his British Accent. Things between him and Neve happened really fast. It's not instant love but I guess it was instant lust but their chemistry was really great. Danny as I've said was okay but, Kyle, Neve's other band mate is really the one I wanted her to end with here. I don’t really know why, but it’s just that there's something about Kyle that’s so genuine and so nice that makes me want him to end up happily.

Though I seem to slam the characters of this book, the thing I liked about this is the point that it wants to give which is to work hard, go after what we really wanted, love and keep our friends and grow on our own.

The story was pretty intense and past faced and has those sexy scenes. It was funny at times and musical most of the time. In all, it was okay. The concept of a rock band and portraying the rock star life was unique and it was portrayed really well. Oh and Neve as name was pretty nice.;)