readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

First Love (Now & Forever #1) - Melissa Johns 'You never forget your first love, even if you don’t end up with them. This tale will remind you of your story'

The preface of the book seems to say it all. Honestly, stories about First Love fascinate me. I always feel happy and giddy thinking that they fall in love for the very first time and hopefully they will all end up well, though some twists and turns are always bound to happen. They said that first love will always be memorable, personally, I don’t really know. I may have loved certain people but I don't know if I really do fall in love with them.

This story, First Love is one of the cutest I think I've read with this topic on hand. The title already speaks for itself, for the story is about encountering a girl's first love and the twists and turns that comes together with it...

Moving to Buffalo, New York was the least expected thing Emily would’ve done. But with her dad marrying again and her new step-mom being not so nice, Emily decided its time to spend time with her mom in New York. The first day of her senior year she sees Eric and Eric sees her. Emily never had a boyfriend and Eric's not really allowed to have a girlfriend because football is the most important thing at the moment according to his dad. But falling in love can't be stopped. They grow closer and closer to each other and they both have to find ways to make it all work out.

Reading Emily and Eric's story seems like a fresh breathe of air for me. I always find myself so absorbed on stories like this maybe because I'm a sucker for happy endings or maybe I just like the idea that even a book makes me swoon or I'm just really a hopeful romantic.

The story was fast-paced and pretty short so I find myself almost finishing it at one sitting. The story goes well for me until the end comes. It seems that it was pretty rushed and I was really surprised it ended that way, it was just not enough for me; I really wanted to know what would happen next (who wouldn’t want to know right?!).

As I've said, it was a pretty cute book and after reading it I said to myself that I'll probably read its sequel and even the third book that I heard was on the process. In all, it was a pretty sweet story about finding your first love.