readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Lengths - Steph Campbell, Liz Reinhardt “There’s no limit to the lengths I’d go to make you happy, doll.”

As I pick this one up, I expect some cheesy YA-teeny kind of story but what I was really surprise when what I get is a story that is full of steamy scenes and a couple of secrets intricately woven to its characters. I really don’t know how I feel about this book, I don't hate it because it was good and okay but not that type of good that makes me squeal and love it all the way.

Deo was the kind of guy that girls are easily drawn to. He's attractive and has this surf boy body and he really does surf though he has no real direction on what he really wanted to do with his life. He's 22 years old and still no clear path ahead, so basically he's still a kid. He's a very admirable character. He's the typical bad-boy-gone-still when he met Whitley. I like his POV much better that Whitley because I get to see more of the things that are happening and it was strong and well written. His relationship with his mother, grandpa and Cohen his best friend was awesome, they say things openly to each other that makes me laugh and times but still very respectable for the elders.

Whitley really disturbs me. She's hard to read and analyze honestly. She’s going through a lot and I really do understand where she's coming from. She ran-away and wanted to start a new life, but with starting a new mean doesn’t mean the past wont come hunting back down to you. When Deo arrived on her life, things starts to change and its nice seeing her be a bit relaxed with him most of the time. The only thing that bothered me here is that Whit's character seemed to be not explored much during the story. I get the image of her losing her brother and feeling the feeling of guilt that it was her fault but aside from that I really didn’t see what really comprises her. I wanted to see what she was like before her lost of her brother. I just wanted to know more about her and the story didn’t give that quite enough for me.

The story was nice and very inspiring but there are certain things that are mentioned but left without answers like what happened to Ryan, Whitley's other guy before Deo? Or what’s really behind Deo's father?

This book really surprises me. Well aside from its steamy scenes, the story was full of lessons and important stuffs that are mostly related to family. I do enjoy Whit and Deo's story, their story makes me realize that we should really not take things for granted. We have to live our life at the moment and we should never let the past dictate our future.

So, if you're looking for a mature new adult fiction be sure to grab this one! :)