readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Second Chance (First Comes Love, #2) - Katie Kacvinsky I think reading this book should come with a warning label:

CAUTION - side effects may include excessive swooning, accompanied by smiling from time to time, constant fool grinning, reminiscing steamy sweet scenes, withdrawal from the real world for awhile (sleeping and eating may be forgotten), endless bookmarking quotable quotes from the two awesome characters and deep sighs of contentment.

First Comes Love totally blows my hopeful romantic heart away and knowing that Gray and Dylan's story would continue on this book I can't help but feel overly joyous and ecstatic. The thing about these two people is that it's just so easy to read their story and immerse on their own world. When reading it’s not always that easy to be involved with its characters and its setting and its plot. But with the story of Dylan and Gray everything just seems to fly by. I thought my reading of First Comes Love was fast but nothing compares on how easily I finish this second book about them.

Gray shows great maturity on this story. He learns to give way to things and accept things on how they should really be. It's really heartwarming for me to see him accept Dylan's future. He is willing to set her free and not hold her back on the things he think she should be doing.

Dylan on the other hand never fails to amaze with her randomness. (The way she told people how she's a 'full-time star doodler' and she takes pictures from a squirrels point of view). I love her for being random and also for being willing to change things to stay with Gray. She’s willing to sacrifice things just to have him with her and seeing her in that way makes me realize that her love for Gray great and I really don’t know how to describe it but I think her love for him was much..

Gray and Dylan were the epitome of love for me. They prove that despite the differences they have, they can still be together. And if they're really meant to be, nature will work on its own course and make them be with each other. I feel every heartache, happiness, excitement and even the rage that they feel. Second Chance was another big quote book for me and I honestly find myself bookmarking almost everything they say. Haha.

Honestly, I get a bit teary eyed after reading it. Though things work out for both the characters, I still want more. And this craving for more was rewarded when I saw that there would still be more of Dylan and Gray and I just can't wait for it!!

Katy Kacvinski created a story that is too good to be true at the same time it’s too good to be true that you want to have it for your own. Despite the turns and bumps on the relationship, you want to have that one of a kind love that Dylan and Gray have and I admire the author for that. The story she created here was one of a kind for and it was very easy to love. Sigh. I just want more of Dylan and Gray. I’m really a hopeful romantic and I just can’t wait for them to have their own dose of Happily Ever After.

I remember saying that First Comes Love is one of the best YA read for 2012 and I want to add that Second Chance was another best YA read of the year. It was really fun reading about Dylan and Gray. The ride I take with them while reading this still makes me laugh, cry, analyze things and fall in love all over again. :)