readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Defiance (Significance, #3) - Shelly Crane "I was the Visionary for a reason. I was Caleb's significant for a reason. I was brought into this point of my life for a reason. I was me…for a reason. No one was going to take the reins of my own life but me. Tomorrow was a new day and I was going to make it my own."

---

I have read Significance and Accordance which are the first two books on this series, the last couple of days. This series is really interesting and very much easy to love so I was pretty hyped up to start reading Defiance.

The best thing here in Defiance is the great characterization especially of the villains. The Watson's were pretty convincing. They're the type of villains that really gets me in the bones and gives me that extreme feeling of rage. Honestly, I'm not really a great fan of stories that have this maze of villains and uncertain events because I simply want to things to go smoothly (which I know was impossible), but here the villains were cool but still bad of course. We get to see their history that leads them to do such indecent acts.

Maggie and Caleb were just as strong as ever. It really makes me happy when they're happy. It makes me swoon when they’re both swooning with each other. Ugh. Could I be third Wheel to this happy relationship? haha. But seriously, despite everything they've both been through on this book, it’s really relaxing to see that they always find a way to work things out together.

The other members of the Jacobson clan were still composed. Even Bish and Maggie’s dad was there. It was nice seeing them all together though I still really feel bad for Bish and Jen. And don’t worry, things do work out great for these two. ;)

There’s only one hitch as I was reading it because I kind of struggle with it. I don’t really know why but I feel like struggling on the first couple of chapters here; But the good thing sis that as I go on the dragging and struggling feeling was replaced with excitement and curiosity.

And so finally I've come to the part where I have to wait for the next book (which I already loathe), but I hope and think that it would be worth the wait. I just can't contain my excitement for it that I think I'm also beginning to feel signs of withdrawal. lol.