readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Accordance (Significance, #2) - Shelly Crane I'll just say I loved Accordance but not as much as I loved the first book Significance. Well, there are a lot of differences between Significance with this one but hey I still love it. The story picked up right when the first book left off. I was once again led through the journey of Maggie and Caleb and we see how they both grow as a man and a woman and as a couple. Along with them is a heap of comedy, swoon-worthy moments and of course the danger.

Maggie definitely grows and matures throughout this book. Though she's still the sweet girl we've met on Significance her maturity here was pretty evident. It’s good to see that even though she still struggles on what she became she knew what choices to do. She knows what’s right for her and her family and Caleb and she does not let anyone treat her like a child or someone special. She took a stand on what she wants and what she believes and don’t let anyone stand on her way. Caleb is still the same old handsome and sweet and tyrant Caleb. He's matured on his own way but still the same Caleb I liked on the first book.

On this book, Maggie and Caleb faces greater challenges which they still try to do and accomplished with each other. They’re still both adorable as ever!

Then there's Kyle. Omigosh. I really really really feel happy for him. I know I haven’t mentioned him on my review of Significance (If you’ve ever read my review of that here) but it’s because I don’t really like him and kind of feel bad for him there. At the beginning of Accordance, he annoys the peas out of me from time to time but at the same time I wanted to see him happy because I really for feel bad to see him looking at Caleb and Maggie with longing to have something like what they have. I really squealed like a shameless fan-girl that I am when I arrived at the page where he Imprinted.!! EEEPPP!

I love this series and Maggie and Caleb and everything about this but it seems like things may get repetitive at times. From the few things they do, what they say to each other and the dilemma they encounter, it’s like I've seen them all on the first book and because of that it have a tendency to be predictable for me. But it also offers me other new things which I am grateful for and I'm sure to look forward to.

In all, Accordance was really such a great sequel it left me wanting for more. I know the next thing will be the Reunification meeting and I'm just freakin' excited!!! I really am enjoying this series a lot and more than I’ve expected.