readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Where I Belong - Gwendolyn Heasley I consider Where I belong as one of my impulsive reads because I don’t really intend on reading it. It's just on the right place on the right time and the cover is good and the blurb looks promising so I gave it a try.

Spoiled rotten bratty Gal from New York City Corinne seems to have it all. She spends money of everything and doesn’t care about the rules around her because she's thinking she's above it all. She's very bitchy and annoying in the beginning. But when her father losses his job and she is forced to move in middle of nowhere Texas that's when things started to change for her.

As I’ve said, Corinne is a very spoiled rotten and she really annoys the peas out of me on the beginning of the story. But when a sudden thing came up and she and her brother spends time with their grandparents on Texas that’s when I saw another side of her; a side that’s hidden behind all those glamorous-annoying piece of whatsoever. From then, I love seeing her grow into a more mature person who cares more on family and friends rather than her material possessions.

The cool friendship-romance thing between Corinne and Bubby was also really enjoying to see. Their little banter and views with one another was very entertaining to read.

But the ending is a bit hanging for me. I wonder what would happen to Bubby and Corinne's building relationship and her friendship with Kitsy. The story ended on a very good note though I wish it was a bit longer too because there's a lot of build-up that have happened within the story but most of them came up to nothing.

Where I belong is one happy book to read. I enjoy it but there’s still that something I was looking that I didn’t really find in here. It was good yea.