readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Painted Blind - Michelle Hansen Painted Blind was really not something I was expecting it to be. I really didn’t expect much from its blurb, and the book cover even didn’t give away anything. And so let’s talk about the book cover. Seriously? Is that the best they could give for a book with a good story like this? A cover like that? I mean, it was nice but it doesn’t really do much for the story itself. Is it because the girl protagonist Psyche can't see Erik? Oh c'mon. I know they can do better than that! Anyhow, the sense of mystery to it is enough for me to push up reading it and great, I was really surprised.

Erik and Psyche are not the typical overly-in love-with-each-other type of characters. Yes, given they already love each other but there's more to them than meets the eye. They both have depth and they really go well with each other. Though they have this instant love, as the story goes you could see that they both love what they’re into.

I'm really fascinated with Greek Mythological stuffs for a long time now, but I never really did get a chance to know all the people behind it (though I've read some of them). Painted Blind is full of realistic romance, good characters and a plot that would surely hold you to your seats. There are a lot of unpredictable situations that would literally surprise you. We’ve watched a play also portraying the story of Cupid and Psyche and it was also nice knowing that the story didn’t stray too much from the original myth. The story was given a very good modern twist to it.

In all, it was a pretty fascinating read. It really is a great mythological retelling. Just improve the book cover and I'll love it better. ;)

Thanks to Createspace and NetGalley for providing a copy for review