readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

In Honor - Jessi Kirby And here I am reading again about an army guy who died in action. Gah! My fascination with soldiers, will it ever stop? Anyways, this is my first book by Jessi Kirby and I've read nice comments and reviews about her first book but this one is what really capture s my attention. And there’s a road trip involved here, so that has been the pushing factor for me to definitely read this one!

Honor's life was good. It has been better since the death of her parents and since then it’s been just her and her brother and their aunt. It all turned upside down after she receives the news that her brother was killed in combat. At the funeral, she finds a final letter for him and as his last request on it; Honor begins a road trip in order to fulfill it.

In honor has a very simple plot and honestly it was a pretty slow book wherein nothing really happened but there's always this great (but predictable) ending that awaits. But despite of that, it was written beautifully and everything seems real - although there are disappointments and crooked things and unlikely coincidences everything worked up good up to the end. The characters are also very simple and nothing that booming about them, though I was really hoping to see more of Rusty and Honor's squabbles and rants about each other.

In all, it was an okay read; nothing that extravagant but it was good for an easy emotional read. And it greatly reminds me of Waiting by Carol Lynch Williams so you should also check that one out. ;)