readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

The Thing About the Truth - Lauren Barnholdt "The thing about the truth is that it always comes out, no matter what you do."

Kelsey got kicked out of prep school. But she's not going to let one mistake ruin her whole life and she's willing to start up once again. Isaac has been kicked out of more schools than he can count and since his father is the states senator, transferring school is not a problem for him. They both ended up at Concordia High. Love at first-sight is what happened when they met and everything seems to go smoothly with them, but then nothing is ever perfect. People have secrets and Kelsey and Isaac are no exception to this. They may think they know everything about each other but the truth will come out and they'll see if it would really set them free.

---

2012 is such a good year for Contemporary-YA reads and this book definitely joins up that list. The title of the book really captured my interest so I was really looking forward in reading this and I find the book cover nice, though a little odd and awkward and even before I started reading, thoughts are lurking on my mind with regards to its title and book cover.

The book was really interesting. It was told on the before and after type. Wherein it starts with the present and seems to flashback to what happens back then that leads them to this weird present. That way gives us enough glimpse of the past and the present and it really helps me piece out that things that have happened as I go along the story. That type of storytelling always suites me since I'm really a great sucker for anticipation (though sometimes I think it might kill me) .

Another interesting thing about this one is the story and the characters itself. Kelsey was quite interesting though I find her annoying, mean and fake at times.Isaac, on the other hand, was very easy to like. Throughout the story he showed that he wants to be a better person and that he doesn’t want to stand on the back of his father's shadow all the time. He can come conceited at times but he's really truthful and doesn’t play with people.

The story was nice, the way it was told was good and the characters are great, but I was kind of left hanging to its end. There is certain question within me that was not answered. It seems to end openly and I just can't really get the picture of how things really worked out. I know Isaac and Kelsey ended up with each other but what about the repercussions to the things they’ve done? Would they be kicked out again? And lot more questions for me that has been left.

Bottom-line, it was a good contemporary read and would simply makes you questions about things and makes you realize that telling the truth is always for the best.