readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Breathe (Sea Breeze, #1) - Abbi Glines Breathe is one of those stories who has that super typical plot. It captures the story of Jax Stone who is a teen heart-throb/rock-star and Sadie, who is hired as one of his house helper and Bam! They fall in love. You see, I get to write the plot of the story in a single sentence.

Every aspect of the book was very simple for me and it worked good and not that good for me. Its good for a fact that you could easily live within it and its very light and easy to read but the not so good thing about this is that there is this typical-overused flow of things that would happen and it goes like meeting-falling in love-complication-separate-the girl/boy comes to senses-makes up & happy ever after. It's not that I don’t like this flow for a story but it’s just that I was kind of expecting something more. This flow of the story was way too predictable for me and I'm really the type of reader who wants to get that thrill and stuff. But despite of the simplicity of the story, a conflict is definitely there on the story. It has those moments when you want to just scream out the top of your lungs, or throw something and also has the overly swooning moments of course! ;)

Even with the roller coaster ride of emotions that you could get from the characters of this book, I could say that the end definitely suites me and it was very much worth it (Though I had that gut feel since the beginning that things will end in that manner. lol). Cute, simple and straightforward story. Very Abbi Glines's. :)