readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

My Life Next Door - Huntley Fitzpatrick I'm writing this review exactly a couple of minutes after I finished reading it and God, God, God, This is awesomely good and heartwarming and beautiful and wonderful and vibrant, not only because of the endearing romance between Jase and Samantha but also, the story is full of many other things that would surely capture your best interests and makes your reading really worthwhile. I don’t really know where to start! I'm so full of happy thoughts and emotions and it seems that I have a lot to say about this, but I can't get a grip of the words that wanted to come out of my mind.

My Life Next Door really captures my heart from its very first page up to the very last. The book offers a wide range of characters with different personalities mixed up together and pour in some family issues and stuff and what you’ve got is this book. The whole story was never boring for me. I easily go from pages to pages and if not for my dropping eyelids the other night, I could’ve finished it in one sitting. Everything was shown clearly and everything seems to happen smoothly.

Samantha/Sam is the type of girl who almost has everything. She is very independent and doesn’t really want to rely anything to her self-absorbed mother. She's a senator's daughter. Her life seems to be perfect for all the people but, everything that seems to be perfect doesn’t make it so. Everything seems to go smoothly for her but she’s carrying more than she can show. She wanted to have a normal mother and even a normal family but having Jase on her life, seems to lighten up things she's carrying inside. She finds a whole new meaning of family, in the presence of the Garrett’s and it’s really nice to see her mingling with them.

Jase Garett is one of the boys next door (with other 7 siblings of him). He was one of those very likeable guys with a very easy and laidback attitude and very swoon-worthy ;) But despite of that, he always puts his family first which is not typical for a 17 year old. As his sister has said, he's one of the nicest people and he really proved it throughout the book. He's almost perfect for me and everything about him is so lovable and it’s really hard to think of anything that is not to like about him. Though Jase's family is not that well-off, it’s nice seeing them always together and being happy with little things. They’re all fun, they care for each other, they argue and they laugh. George, Jase's younger sibling, is one of the cutest and I want to have him as my keychain and tie him up with me all the time. He's very smart and witty and well, childish. :)

Another thing to like here is how its shows Samantha and Jase's love developed because it’s not the instant-love type because their relationship grows slowly and everything about the relationship of them was very romantic and it would’ve been very nice to see what would happen between them, in at least 10 years from now. It seems very hard to get enough of both of them and I just want to see more and more of these two. At a very young age, the relationship between these two was also tested. Their relationship get rough at the middle and it get really emotional for quite awhile but I know deep down things will all settle down and everything will work out.

Though I may have written a lot about Jase and Samantha's romance, the book is not all about that. There are issues. Issues that make me want to cry and left me emotionally disturbed. I was shocked but the sudden turn of events and though it was somehow resolved on the end, I still feel bothered with it. I keep thinking that in real life, what happened couldn’t be easily fixed that way, but since I'm a sucker of happy ending, the way things end on this one already works me.

Overall, it was a very brilliant and great and awesome book. With its characters that all had unique characteristics and life lessons and family values, this is definitely one of the best for this year. I definitely loved every bit of it. Now, this one belongs to the books that I would want to read over and over and over again. A definite must read for everyone. If you want a read that would make you feel happy from the beginning to the end, be sure to grab this one. EEEP! :)