readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

I Heart You, You Haunt Me - Lisa Schroeder Joy, not sorrow.
Laughter not tears.
Life, not death.
Love, not blame.

Ava can’t see him or touch him, unless she’s dreaming. She can’t hear his voice, except for the faint whispers in her mind. Most would think she’s crazy, but she knows he’s here.
Jackson. The boy Ava thought she’d spend the rest of her life with. He’s back from the dead, as proof that love truly knows no bounds.

From Amazon Book Summary

---

This is not my first verse novel and I could say with the first verse novels I've read, I become a fan of them. Isn't it such a wonder how few words is able to convey so much? The thing with verse novels is that it’s very simple and very much straight to the point. Some people might expect the stories to be broken up because it is on a verse type but not all of them are like that. Most of the time, I'm really amazed how verse novels can be so much more than stories that are written on a whole novel form.

I Heart You; You Haunt Me was pretty creepy and spooky. As the book description says: "Girl meets boy. Girl loses boy. Girl gets boy back…sort of. , isn't it quite weird a creepy to think of someone coming up again from the dead.

Ava is a survivor. She is suffering from the guilt that she was responsible for her boyfriend’s death. The story opened up with her on a funeral struggling with coping up with people around her thinking that they all think she is the one responsible for his death and if it wasn’t for her, Jackson would still be alive.

Jackson, even in death doesn’t leave her - just like what he had promised her. He stays with her, visiting her in her dreams and whenever people aren’t around her. But the thought of him being able to play the stereo and write some doodle on the mirror for Ava was some kind of bizarre. I'm not really the paranormal type of person because of scared of ghosts per se, but God, that thing just bothered me. It got me thinking if dead people who promised to not leave you could really do that and Jackson is just creeping the crap out of me.

The mystery of the story, I guess, lies on how Jackson died and why Ava does seems to blame herself. If you have read One Moment by Kristina Mcbride; the death of Joey there is the same way Jackson died here. Yes! You got it right. He jumped over a cliff, for fun and hit below on an awkward way and Bam! Dead. and as the story progress, pieces of Jackson and Ava's life together were slowly revealed and there we begin to understand why Ava feels that way and Jackson on the least.

A story of life, young love, lost and moving on but not forgetting. There is a ghost on the story but it is definitely not a paranormal one. It was clearly a love story for me and for sure everyone would enjoy it. :)