readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Starring Me - Krista McGee First Date was amazing and I'm really looking forward on this second book by Krista Mcgee which features Kara, Addy's friend from The First Date.

Kara Mccormick starred along side Addy in the reality show The Book of Love in which she competed to win a date with the president’s son who Addy is dating now. And now another reality show has come. She is told she’s auditioning to star in a new teen variety show and she needed to move in Orland to participate in a month-long audition where she'll live with nine other contestants and a house mother. She knows the show has a big-time celebrity lined up for it but no one knows who it is.

Acting is very high on her list but a relationship with God is not so much. And when a sudden thing happened and it seems that she's going to give up her acting dream, God reveals that she may have a starring role after all-in a story so big only He could write it.

Another story based on a bible story and I'm still not aware of that that I'm going to let it pass again. haha. This is good. Almost similar to First Date but it has its own leg to stand up on its own. It still has the ingredient of Faith and reality TV and it still makes me smile at time.

Kara is one fun character. She’s full of energy and willing to do anything just to achieve her own dream. Seeing her mature and get close to God on this story is very nice. Addy was also presented here and I guess it was really nice seeing characters from other books and seeing them move with how they ended there. Addy was now dating the president’s son but they're still not official, they said they were still waiting for the right time and stuff and it was very nice.

Still squeaky clean. Still no hugging and kissing which is very typical to YA novels. Krista Mcgee really has a hand doing stories that are great for everyone.

In all, it was nice. It was not just about a group of girl competing for a reality show, it was more o finding their real self and their road towards God. I'm still looking forward for other stories of Mcgee. :)

Thanks to Thomas Nelson and Net Galley for providing an advanced copy for review.