readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Me And Mr Darcy - Alexandra Potter Who hasn't been in love with Mr. Darcy. Well, I think he's every girls dream man. I, for one, really adore him. I just love the idea of one arrogant, brooding and selfish man falling in-love with a simple country lady. He's very enigmatic and stuff. Who doesn't want to date such fine young man? In this story that dream do came true.Yes, you read me right, dating literature's most eligible bachelor did come true here.

---

Emily Albright is in love with Mr.Darcy from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice and after a series of disastrous dates, she's had it with modern-day love and decided she would rather curl up on her bed and
spend time reading Mr. Darcy on the pages of Pride and Prejudice. So when her best friend Stella suggests a week of party and men in Mexico instead of cuddling with pages about Mr. Darcy, she immediately flees to England to join a guided tour of Jane Austen Country.

The last thing Emily expects to find on her excursion is a broodingly handsome man striding across a field, his damp shirt clinging to his chest. But that’s exactly what happens when she comes face-to-face with none other than Mr. Darcy himself. Suddenly, every woman’s fantasy becomes one woman’s reality. . . .

This book talks about every woman's fantasy of meeting the aloof and brooding hero of the epic classic Pride and Prejudice. I'm pretty much one of those who is a great fan of Pride and Prejudice and I've been dreading to read this one because of being related to it and I could say its is an okay one, but yet I'm pretty much disappointed with it. I'm expecting something funny and romantic and sweet not some Mr. Darcy emerging to the modern life and causing some mystery and stuff to the main character blah blah blah. I've been meaning to read this book for quite a time now thinking that this would be an awesome one since it involved Mr. Darcy and How I miss Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy's story, but yes, I find it really disappointing.

In all, I think the point of this story is that:real men can never be expected to measure up to Mr. Darcy and Mr.Darcy could never be measure up to a real man.