readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

The Second Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #2) - Ann Brashares I don't really know why I liked this book. I just do. I just feel overwhelmingly happy with it. The friendship presented on this book seems surreal and vey true and I long to have and achieve the kind of friendship these 4 girls have. This second book focuses on the mother-daughter relationship of the girls and for sure each and every one of us can relate to it.

Carmen's story is a basic scenario wherein her mother has fallen in love again and she's definitely not happy about it since she felt left out ever since her mom started going out with the guy.

Tibby. She's struggling with her movie career and she definitely did mess things up with her mom after featuring her on her movie which seems to be funny for her. She's still at the stage of mourning for losing a dear friend of hers. There's Brian that after a very long time of being friends with him, it seems that she doesn’t even know him at all.

Bee. She went to Alabama to reconcile with the grandmother she lost contact with for a long time. Upon arriving, it’s not just her grandmother that is waiting for her, a whole crash of mysteries, secrets and knowledge is in store for her on the attic of her grandma. She may feel different because of her dyed-colored hair and a curvier body. But the Bee within her is still there and surely people would still know who she really is despite the covers she make.

Lena. Aching to know who is Eugene is on her mother’s life and knowing Falling in love is never really that easy, especially the long-distance one, she faced the summer with great depression. I really do feel sad for her. I feel her pain and heartbreak. I almost come to the point where all I could feel is my heart throbbing and feeling I was in Lena's place.

But towards the end, all of them manage to make things right and admit to themselves that yes, they might definitely did something wrong and suck up at things. They might have these dilemmas and problems and they might not be altogether this summer, with their tight friendship and the traveling pants. For sure they will conquer all the problems that would soon still arrive.