readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins "I'm Etienne. I stay upfloors"
French name. English Accent. American School. Anna is confused.

----

I COMPLETELY, PERFECTLY & ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS BOOK!!
COULD I DATE AND MARRY THIS BOOK?!

This is one of those books that would forever live within me. I simply loved it and I will never get tired of reading it again and again and again. It was a simply stated book but very straight from the heart. It is one of those that would easily captures the heart of its readers which is what really happened to me. I read it all night long up until the sun rises.

The characters of this book is very much exceptional. I really liked Anna. She is sweet, witty and very real. Though she really had a hard time coping up with her new environment in Paris, she still manage to be herself and make friends with new people. She has a very well defined character and multi-dimensional at the same time, most of the times, I really feel what she feels on a certain situation.

Etienne St.Clair, is one hot guy! With his good looks and impeccble intelligence and that gorgeous English Accent, people think that he could have everything he wanted but not really. He is struggling inside him and though he seems to be very vulnerable at times, he still manage to oversome his life issues and simply let things happen.

These two characters are both not perfect in physical ways and I liked it. Anna has a gap between her teeth and Etienne has a crooked bottom teeth. It was hilarious but yea, it makes me smile.

The friendhip of thse two really captures my heart. They have that friendship foundation which has its pros and cons. The pros of this is that they have eachjother everytime someone needs the one, they have someone they could lean on and be with them in times of need when you feel that nobody else is there but the con to this is that when they grow into something more there might be a tendency that this friendship they have will vanish at a certain time if they don't really end up with each other. This is a typical dillema between two people who are friends who have a certain attraction with each other. I think this is one of the hardest issue to resolve between them. In Anna and Etienne's case, they didn't have a straight road towards happy ending. There are a lot of bumps and stops, but guess what? They handled it well and learned things along the process.

Paris. The City of Lights. This is also one of the things I liked about this book. I for one love travelling and this story gives me a great idea on how living in Paris looks like it also gives me a bird's etyeview to its famous places such as the Kilometer Zero wherein you could make a wish and the Notre Dame Cathedral. GAAA! Very insighful.

Anna and the French Kiss really captures the feeling of being in love. This book seems to be everything my heart is longing for in a book and I really do want to continue living in Anna and Etinne's world even for a little while. ♥