readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

The Lifeguard - Deborah Blumenthal Arrive the same. Leave different.

Back in Texas, Sirena's summer was unsettled so he parents who are getting a divorce planned on shipping her to Rhode Island and spend the summer with her aunt. She easily begins settling in Rhode Island with new friends and new surroundings. She spends most of her time drawing, painting, walking on the beach and enjoying the view of the on duty lifeguard. But despite those distractions, she still can't help but think about the present condition of her family. By the end of summer, they will no longer be a family.

After she literally runs into the gorgeous lifeguard, Pilot, she immediately feels a connection and can't stop thinking about him. Following this is a bunch of discoveries in between.

---

I wasn't really quite sure what to expect upon reading this, I just found its synopsis pretty interesting and decided to give it a shot.

Sirena, was introduced as the story starts. She was a reagular teenage kid who suffers the difficulties of divorcing parents. She has a fun and laid-back atititude and I sometimes can't help but feel sad about her. The story just keeps giving me a dim perception about her and its seems that everything is just so sad with her.

Pilot was described as one hot guy who played as a lifeguard in this story. I never really did swoon over him, in fact at the beginning I find him annoying and irritating. As far as my reading was concerned, I'm pretty much aware that characters who acted annoying and irritating in a story always had a background story as to why they acted like that and Pilot is really one of those. He is keeping something from Serina. That certain mystery effect is enough for me to continue reading this. But one thing that really bothered me with Pilot's character is his relationship with his ex-girlfriend turned sister-like-friend , Adriana. I never really understand anything between them and I think it just adds more complication to the story.

The old man Antonio is the one I truly liked on this story. He was a very mysterious old man and has a certain power that could easily make people like him.

I started off with a good foot in reading this, but several chapters later, I begin to get lost and continue reading it just for the sake of finishing it and know the mystery behind it. I find reading the middle part a bit dragging since the events that happened feels random for me. The lifeguard has its own potential but it doesn't really appeal that much for me.But despite that, it was a unique and interesting. The story will give you things about infatuation, ghosts, separation and healing. I 'm pretty sure that readers who enjoys a little drama with a little twist of ghosts and supernatural will like this.

Thanks to Open Road Media & NetGalley for providing an advance copy for review.