readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

The Accidental Bride - Denise Hunter Fourteen long years ago, Shay Brandenberger should have been married to her highschool sweetheart, Travis, until he ask her to wait for him on the steps of the court house so he could buy their rings but he never returned. Shay was left their standing and waiting for him while Travis drove away without giving her a reason why.

Now, Shay was divorced and a single mother to a 12-year old daughter. They have lived a pleasant life but unfortunately their bills are piling up and the bank is threatening them to foreclose their family's ranch and home.

Surprise! Surprise! Due to a series of mishaps, Shay's monetary problem will be solved with the help of non-other than her high-school sweetheart, Travis. After joining an Annual Festival, Shay discovers that she is really the Accidental Bride of Travis. With a daunting decision to save her family's ranch and home, she is forced to face her past and broken heart.

----

Upon acquiring a copy of this book, I never really know what to expect with it. Even Goodreads never did offer that much for me since their blurb about this book can be summed up to atleast less than 30 words. But this definitely surprises me. Pleasantly surprises me.

Shay is a very feisty lady character and tends to be stubborn at times but she definitely has a soft side for everyone even for Travis who nearly shattered her heart. While reading it, I actually find times that she tends to be pretty irritating! Granted that she's been awfully hurt before, its not that really appropriate to hold a grudge over someone and be stubborn and selfish and rude and unforgiving. But since, I never really experience what she has exprienced I guess I'll never really know how hurtful it feels.

Travis is one patient man. Though he experienced cold-feet with his wedding with Shay long before, now he was determined to get her back and he was really patient with her. He has plenty of fine and good points within the story. I really loved the way how he starts to woo Shay again back to him little by little. He didn't force her to do anything or to feel anything for him, he just simply ask for one more chance.

I find the premise of this book pretty cute but not the typical YA type one because this one is far more mature than that. High-school sweethearts type of stories really tickles my heartstrings and this is one of those. I find the premise cute but in all, it was pretty much unrealistic. I guess, its the type of story that happens in movies or in fairy tales or just a story that is.

The Accidental bride is a good book about first loves, missed chances, and second chances.

Thanks to Thomas Nelson & NetGalley for providing an advance copy for review.