readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Aces Up - Lauren Barnholdt Shannon Card, seventeen-year old senior needs money. Lots of it. Not for anything bad but for college. After her father loses his job, she must find a way to earn money. And so, she finds a job at a Casino working as a waitress.

A couple of days into her job, she receives an invitation to join Aces Up, a group of college students who has an extreme talent and luck in playing poker. At first she was skeptical because she has enough to worry about: keeping her job, winning the coveted math scholarship at school, and tutoring her secret crush, Max. But when Shannon musters up the nerve to kiss Max and he doesn't react at all, the allure of Aces Up and its sexy eighteen-year-old leader, Cole, is suddenly too powerful to ignore.

Soon, she was caught up in a web of lies and deceit. She must decide if the money she get from poker is worth the hurt on her family, friends, love and going to her dream college.

----

I really enjoyed Two Way Street also by Lauren Barnholdt and I'm really
looking forward to this novel of her.

It was fun, fast, sweet read with an excellent moral story. I really loved that Lauren Barnholdt comes up with stories that has great plot like this one which is about a secret society of poker players, its just very unique.

The characters are all very much likeable. They are all very relatable.
Shannon, is extremely smart and I find her quirky and hilaious. Cole is so hot and I can't help but compre him to Cato of THG. Anyway, given that he is hot and all he still carries a msyerious vibe around him that's very unsettling. Now, Max is the one that I like. He is achingly sweet and charming and genuinely nice though he may seem confused and doesn't know how to handle things and his feelings at times.

The plot of the story is pretty fast. It moves quickly and you would definitely not notice you're already half way reading it. I didn't encounter any dull or dragging moment while reading it.

It was a delightfully fun read and I wished it coud have been longer. I wanted to see more of each one of the characters and see what would happen next to them. This book would definitely makes you laugh, swoon with sweetness and romance and leaves you with a great moral by the time you finished it. Don't miss this one out! ;)