readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Butterface - Gwen Hayes It is one of those short stories that I absolutely enjoyed and doesn't even feel short at all.

Since the beginning of the story I was already in love with both of the character Lucky and Beth. The story is about a boy < b>-Lucky- who would do anything to maintain his scholarship at school to finish his studies and despite being one of those famous one on his league, he still is willing to look beyond the surface of an individual and tends to be sweet and protective at times with Beth and the girl -Beth- who has scars in and out of her. She is a very intersting character because despite of her deformities, she still plays really tough and careless of what other people might think of her just as long as she knows that what she is doing is right.

I was impressed on how a story like this could be stated in a small number of words and at times I felt like the story itself was rushed and I really wanted to see more of Lucky and Beth.Honestly, I've never really read anything like this at all. But this one is a pretty quick and enjoyable read.