readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Paper Towns - John Green The town was paper, but the memories were not.
If you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all.

Quentin Jacobsen spent his life adoring and loving Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So, when Margo opens a window and climbs into his window and his life -dressed like a ninja and summoning him for a series of revenge-he follows her.

After the night they've spent together, Q arrives in school to discover that Margo has now become a complete mystery and soon he disocovers that there are clues and they're for him to find out who the real Margo Roth Spiegelman is.

< b>-----

Paper Towns is my third John Green book and like his other works, this definitely surprises me with its one of a kind plot with its twists and turns. This definitely takes me on a book adventure without a destination, but that is also the reason why getting there and figuring out the certain mystery within it is the reason why it's so much fun to read.

The book was broken down into three parts and in each of those parts I really do feel different.

The First part was pretty much all about fun. The introduction to its characters and the background with each one of them was fantastic. In here, you would clearly undertsand how each one of them become who they were. The night Q and Margo spent together getting revenge with people was amazing. You could clearly see here how Q would really go just to be with Margo though its really been a long time since Margo last talked to him even when they were just living in the same neighborhood and goes to the same school. The crazy things they have planned for the people who they were trying to get revenge with was pretty hilarious.

The Second part of the book was a bit slow for me. The characters here are talking endlessly about prom and it seems that Q is the only one worried about Margo and he tries to investigate with his own.

Then, the Final part. This is where all ends up. I could say that I pretty much liked it but I was also a bit dissappointed or not really contented with how it ends. Yes, I'm sure that they would definitely find her or stuff, but after reading it, I was just like staring at it and thinking that "That's it?!". But, after thinking about it a couple of times, I come to realize that Green didn't end this book with how the readers would want to end it, he ended it with a scenario that was more similar or more likely to happen in everyday life.

Quentin Jacobsen. I really liked him. With his simple ways in dealing with things. He's the silent-type one and tends to be boring and predictable at times, but despite of that he is a loyal one and he really thinks before he acts. He has a certain devotion to Margo that even to him doesn't make sense. By the end of reading this book, I come to realize that I really loved Q's character, I love his friends and his very clueless but supporting parents.

Margo Roth Spiegelman, on the other hand, is nothing like Q. She has a wild and uncontrollable behavior and tends to be selfish and self-centered at times. But despite of those traits, she is really an enigma and a dream-girl to everyone. She describes the suburb where they live as a Paper Town that means for her that the place has no dimension or substance or anything that makes it concrete and that very term I think can also help in describing her because everyone has a certain image of her being like this or like that, but deep down, the real Margo Roth Spiegelman is none of those things.

Paper Towns is about searching - not only for the person that is missing on the story but also dearching to figure out who you really are, searching to find out what really matters, searching for friends and what's really deep down inside of you.

In all, Paper Towns still holds my respect and fandom for John Green. The dialogues were great and the characters were pretty much very memorable. It's an awesome read.

:))