readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Dream Chaser - Angie Stanton 'If you don’t play the game of life, you’ll never win. If you turn your back on every challenge that comes along, you’ll be missing out on some awesome stuff.'

Willow, is a tenacious teenage girl who excels in everything she puts her mind into. She lead her school's cheerleading squad and is known as the most death-defying flyer on the squad. She is willing to try anything for them. But after a really bad fall and only a quick save by one of her catchers saved her from breaking her neck, she turns her back on the cheerleading squad and her fear of falling starts to surface in.

Physically, she's fine, but mentally, she knows she can never get back in the air. Her bestfriend and other team member is not about to let her walk away from the squad and she knows she needs an air-tight reason not to come back to the sqaud. That's why not only a day later, she auditions and lands the lead for a big musical production entitled < b>Dream Chaser, and the male lead is played by Eli, her one old bestfriend.

Just when Willow finally has her life under control, another surprise is delivered in the form of her greatest challenge yet. Will she run or finally stand and face her fears? And will Eli be there to help or turn his back on her for good?

I'm not really much for dancing but this story definitely fills me with it. The description of exhaustion and the pain and determination were clearly described in here. Love, Passion and Humor fills the pages of this novel.

Willow is one good character to hear. She is good at everything she does but her problem is that she isn’t good at sticking with things; she runs when she is scared. But I'm not saying that she is a quitter all through out, the story just mention two things she quit at which is Cheer and Dancing. For the cheer she definitely has a valid reason for it, but as for the dance it was a weak reason though. But in all, I could say the Willow is extremely persistent and determined to succeed in everything. She is definitely not a quitter.

Eli, on the other hand, is a very good support character for Willow. He has been there since Willow started dancing and He is one great evidence on how Willow try to runwaway from things when she is scared. But as they meet again, despite their awkwardness at their frist rehearsals, he still did his best to give Willow support and strengthen her trust with people around her.

The relationship between these two was really really sweet and very realistic. They may have some hot scences particularly on Messerschmidt Road, which I think is pretty hilarious but not anything too crazy. I just love their easy ways with each other.

The other characters are oh so wow! I never really had the chance to refrain myself from loving them all! I loved seeing how dynamic they are. Willow's family is one awesome one! You could clearly see how much they love each other and they have an easy camaraderie and they openly laugh, love and rely to one another.

This one is definitely about finding your passion in life, the consequences on running away from things and ultimately sticking around even at rocky times. In all, it was a pretty charming novel that definitely sweeps me off my feet and makes me dance and sing.