readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Looking for Alaska - John Green 'We are all going and it applies to turtles and turtlenecks, Alaska the girl and Alaska the place because nothing can last even earth itself.'

Before transfering to Culver Creek, Miles's life was beyond boring. His only happines if peoples Famous Last Words. No real pleasure seeped into his days. Everyday is just an ordinary day; no friends or enemies or challenges. Upon entering in Culver Creek, it throws him into a different world, one with all that he lacked before.

The group of friends Miles meet were different but at the same time pretty good. They plan pranks against the "weekend warriors" and their headmaster. They do don't abide by the school rules. They eat junk foods, smoke cigarettes, struggle with their calculus class and drink a very weird drink called "ambrosia" which isa 5 parts milk and 1 part Vodka.

I never really know how to make a review for this, I never really expected this story to end up with great tragedy. As Miles said:

"You can't just make me different and then leave. Because I was fine before, Alaska. I was fine with just me and last words and school friends and you just can't make me different then die."

This definitely left me emotionally drained and. All of the chapters of this book are a countdown to something. Its a great book about the big things that could happen to us: love, loss, frief and lastly forgiveness.

No more other rants about this book, it just surely left me feeling worried and bothered.