readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Bittersweet - Sarah Ockler It takes forty-two muscles to frown and only twelve to jam a cupcake on the mouth to get over it...

Adjectives are not enough to describe my love of cupcakes. So, I was overly excited about this book because of the yummy-ness its synopsis offers.

Since eight, Hudson Avery starts her passion for Ice Skating. That time, her parents are still together and with that in mind she felt secure in her future. Until the Cheeta-printed-bra makes an appearance on their laundry.

When her parent's split up and her dad went to another town, her dreams also starts to split up. Now, she chose to stay out of the rink and instead helps her mom on their Diner by baking scrumptuos cupcakes that the whole town loves. Until a letter came to her and with that she decides to give her dream another try, then a cute boy slams into her and her little peaceful life. As she obsess with what might have happen way back then, she also began to worry about what will be happening in the next several days.

I really loved the set of characters presented in this story. Hudson, gave up her dream of being a famous and succesful skater to save her family and it is a decision that she carries with her eversince. She might be an extremely flawed character but her voice in the story is very authentic and compelling. She is a normal teenage girl who is stuck in a really sucky situation. Everything about her situation feels real. Her little brother Bug, is such a cute sweetheart and he definitely earns the title The Cupcake Prince.

Hudson's love connections kinda ends up on a love-triangle kind of way with Josh and Will in tow. Though they both really wanted to be with Hudson and you could see that they both really care too much for her, its a good thing one of them gave way for the other. There are times that it could get a bit sucky, but hey! It gives us an extreme excitement. Though I'm rooting for Josh from the start!

The next thing I love about this is the skating and hockey parts. I'm really into Ice Skating and Hockey Players are well very manly. LOL. I'm just really into those things.

Lastly, the most important thing about this are the cupcakes! Ohgawd! How I want to taste all those cupacakes Hudson bakes. I'm really craving all the way while reading it. The yummy title even adds up to my craving!.

In all, I could say that Sara Ockler crafted a beautifully written story in here that was simple yet very heartfelt. It gives me a little piece of satisfaction as I end up reading it. :)