readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Caleb + Kate - Cindy Martinusen-Coloma This love for her consumes my brain like a fire and pounds through every cell in my being...

Kate Monrovi has the perfect little life everyone is rooting for. Her family has the money to buy whatever she wants and she goes to one of the most elite private school on their state. With her family's status, she could do whatever she wants for her life, but as the story progress we learn more about her and realize that she absolutely have no idea what she really wanted for her life. She is not the typical spoiled-brat type of girl, in fact, she is very down to earth and carries no pretentious attitude regarding her status on the society. To her, people are equal, no matter who you are or where you came from all of them deserve the same amount of respect.

Caleb Kalani on the other hand already knows a thing or two about Kate since seeing her in school. Their families had been on a feud for fifty years now and every instict he got told him that Kate would be the biggest mistake of his life.

As these two meet, all status and society ranks vanished. For them, they are simply Caleb and Kate. And so start their forbidden romance.

The star-crossed lovers things has been done over and over again, but we all know people never get tired of it. I, for one, never get tired of it. The story resembles the classical Romeo and Juliet story. I must say it's a pretty catchy book and although you already know that everything will all work-out in the end, you won't be able to stop reading it.

Both the characters are very much likeable. There was really more to them than meets the eye. They were both slaves to their emotions because when they were starting to feel something for each other they don't fight it away, because they know that what they really need is each other. And what they have is the real thing.

I was just a little bit bothered with some of the meaningless, repetitive internal-dialogue the chhracters are having. But in all, it is very entertaining and cute story. It was sweet and very innocent. Definitely work a look and read. :)