readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Getting Over Garrett Delaney - Abby McDonald To have him gone feels like a loss, an absence haunting me every day.
Without him, there's just the empty space that used to be filled with laughter and friendship and comfort. Can you really blame me for finding it so hard to let go?”

Sadie is inlove with her bestfriend Garrett. For two years now. The only problem is that she is the only one who knows this. In the coming summer he is going to a camp for aspiring writers for six long weeks. She don't know what to do without him. She is used to always be with him and her whole world is built around Garrett and his time being away caused here extreme sadness.

Deciding that there is nothing better to do, she gets a job in Totally Wired coffee shop and starts becoming friends with her co-workers. After some thinking and the convincing powers of her co-worker friends she finally realized what she really feels for Garrett. As she said: "This isn't love; this is pure torment."

I likey liked this one! It wasa very light read and entertaining.

Though most of the time Sadie drove me crazy, atleast as the story progress I get to see how she pulls herself together to further discover herself and that really makes me happy. Garrett on the other hand was kinda lame for me. I liked him during the start of my reading but in the end I realized I never really liked him that much. There are times that I thought that he was aware of Sadie's feelings for him, but he still treats her just like an ordinary friend. I also don't like the idea of him using Sadie to plan things for his girlfriends. Well duh! It hurts like a slap on the face for her. As for Sadie's co-worker friends, they are pretty hilarious! I love them all! They are pretty much my favorite part of this book. haha. Their personalities were very much different with each other but at the same time the complemented each other. They serves as the key for Sadie's moving on.

A downside for me on this is the character of Josh. I don't really know what's up with him. I just don't understand it at all. Why throw in some character and never tell a thing about him except that he wanted to be a chef and let him make a move on Sadie on the last page of the book?? I'm suffering the What and Why syndrome with that. But seriously, my point is that I wanted to get to know more about Josh's character and atleast have a bird's eyeview on how his relationship with Sadie would go on.

I was pretty much absorbed in reading it from finish to end. It is a good book for all the girls out there who wants to see a journey to self discovery.

PS. THERE'S MORE TO LIFE THAN A BOY. ;)