readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Winter Longing - Tricia Mills How would you cope up with the moment when the one that you want is there by your side but the very next day he is gone?

This is never gonna be easy for Winter. She has been in love with Spencer since she was eight years old and when they finally decide to go from being friends to more, she loses him the very next day with no chance of returning at all. Winter's life was taken over by the grief of losing her first love. She's devastated and began to question why such things happens in life, her life seemed to lose its gravity for she not only lost a boyfriend she's also lost one of her bestfriends. She tries to live day by day by seeking comfort on thinking and doing things the way she and Spencer do trying to make herself believe that maybe Spencer was still there and he'll come back to her. Someday.

Jesse, was the popluar next-door neighbor of Winter whom she has never been close to and never been friends with. But when he becomes an unlikely friend to Winter and with their occassional run-in on the mailbox, he starts to take interest on Winter and BAM! their friendship grows. He helped Winter to cope up with her everyday living and gently pushes her to move on and give advices on her without being judged.

Sad. Tragic. Heart-breaking

When i started reading it, I never imagined I would feel so strong about this book especially its characters. The characters are pretty strong which comes hand in hand with poignant thoughts and dramatic flashbacks and the situations that seem to be very real. For instance, Winter, I like her strong built in life. Though faced with great grief, she still holds her ground and stay strong and not retreat into herself and just give up. As for Jesse, I admire his patience. It really does takes time for someone to move on after something tragic has happened to them, but through it all he was their for Winter and patiently waits for her to gather up her thoughts and feelings and finally lets herself to move on.

Though there didn't seem to be a whole plot on this one, it was still great. I was really motivated to finish it and was filled with curiosity on how it would end. For me, the ending was very suitable to it.

In all, this was a very powerful story of first loves, loss, coming of age and friendships. I feel content after reading it and surely brought a smile to my face and timely tears in my eyes. I honestly did enjoy it!

A remarkable read and recommended indeed! :)