readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Waiting For You - Susane Colasanti Sophomore Year.

This should be a fresh start according to Marissa. After a series of anxiety attacks, she is ready to take on a new start on things at school and more importantly ready to take it to the next level and have a boyfriend.

Derek is one of the handomest guy at Marissa's school. Ever girl loves him and Emma fails to escape that charisma of him. She has been in love with him for a long time now and the only thing that is stopping her from telling him is the fact that he has a grilfriend. So when the news that Derek and her girlfriend broke up and he asks her out, Marissa thinks her long wait for happiness is over.

Nash, on the other hand, is Marissa's nerdy next door neighbor. Nash and Marissa are good friends during their childhood but a time came when neither of them talk to each other. They guess they just outgrew each other. Nash has been in love with Marissa for awhile now, but Marissa doen't feel the same way or does she?

Then, there is the mysterious guy with a name of Dirty Dirk who runs a late night radio show. No one knows who he is, yet, he seems to know everything that is happening around town.

Though things might seem to work out for Marissa, there are still bumps along the road that she takes - her parent's cold shoulder with each other, a fight with her bestfriend, and a great dissapointment with her current relationship. These bumps tests Marissa's ability to maintain her new outlook in her life. Marisa learns how to live within the moment and realizes that the love she's been waiting for has been right in front of her all along.

I've already read all of Susane Colasanti's books and this is the last one i've left yet to read, and i could say, it was another beautifully written book. A very funny, cute and emotional novel. It gives us a good look at what high school mean for a girl who is battling with anxiety and depression and other life's trials. The characters in this book are also well written and each of them has a say on this story. They help build the character of each other.

This novel is about taking in charge of your own life. Like Marissa, she feels as if she has been waiting her whole life, waiting to fit in, waiting to be noticed and waiting for that special someone. It shows us that waiting is not always the answer, sometimes we need to let go of our fears and inhibitions and reach out to the people around us to find what we really want.

A typical Colasant book, it seems to be very true. The characters and plot seemed so real and i know a lot could relate to this. So, i definitely recommend this book. Everyone could surely relate to this.

PS. Be sure to check out other books by Susane Colasanti. They would never fail you. :)