readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

He's So Not Worth It - Kieran Scott I really loved She's Dead To Us, the first installment to this trilogy and since the first book is a sureball cliffhanger, i'm really looking forward on this second installment.

The story picks up right where the first book left off. After being humiliated on Chloe's party, Ally was devastated and to atleast forget what happened her mom and her new boyfriend decided to head to Jersey Shore for the Summer but then Ally decides to stay at home and stay with her dad BUT then she finds out that Jake got a job with her dad on the coffee shop and feels like having enough she decides that spending summer on Jersey Shore is much better than spending it on Orchard Hill. Upon arriving at Jersey Shore, she decided to reinvent herself. She gets a job, avoids her old friends and make friends with some locals.

On the other hand, i have a change of heart or opinions about the characters. On my review on the first book, i really adored Ally as the main character but i was kinda disappointed and annoyed with her on this book. She appears to be rebel like on this one since she started drinking and starts being wasted. All she do in this sequel is to complain and whine about how crappy her life has become given that she is experiencing a very rough time, she still gets to my nerves as being annoying. As for Jake well, he changed a lot on this book. He grew up and matured a little and he definitely proves that he really likes Ally and stayed loyal to her though Ally hates him to the bones, and though at times can't get his line of thoughts, i still like him. :)

I loved the presence of Annie's field journal. It's just hilarious and funny and adds a new interesting layer to the story. Though an outsider she had the juciest gossips around town.

In all, i'm still hooked to the twisty life displayed her. The deceit, gossip, back-stabbing, hurt, envy, malice and sexuual tension are still all engrossing. This is such a HOLY-GUACAMOLE-CLIFFHANGER I was definitely left at awe with this book and literally left my mouth open. If you think the ending of the first book was already intense, brace yourself for more with the ending of this one. I can't really imagine how Kieran Scott will end this series and i'm really looking forward to that. Gaaa. The tension is killing me now. :)