readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

The Best of Me - Nicholas Sparks After meeting the author Nicholas Sparks last October 28th here in Manila and get him to sign my book, i started reading his latest novel which is obviously entitled "The Best Of Me". I tried so hard to refrain myself in reading this though it was really hard for me because i'm really curious about it. So here it goes, the book is definitely good! As the same as his other novels it is filled with flashbacks and old memories that in due time came back to the protagonists of the story. It was one of the most touching story I've ever read and it is also one of those who makes me cry the whole time. I finished reading it the other night at around 11pm and guess what?? my eyes are scorching red from tears after reading it. It makes me feel sad as well as happy because even in a small span of time while reading it i was able to fit myself in Amanda and Dawson's shoes. I felt how they felt during the hard times and feel the happiness and love they feel whenever they are together. I guess this story just moves me a little for i'm a big sucker for romantic things and love. Silly me for crying at this but my tears just started pouring especially when Amanda (protagonist) says this line:

"Please don't ask me to go with you, because if you do, I'll go. Please don't ask me to tell Frank about us, because i'll do that, too. Please don't ask me to give up my responsibilities or break up my family; I love you, and if you love me, too, then you just can't ask me to do these things. Because I don't trust myself enough to say no."

In all, Nicholas Sparks still never really fail to show the main aspects of his novels. There's still the flashbacks, the memories, the tragedy and the everlasting love. This story would surely move you and touch those little heart strings of yours. YEY! :)

* WATCH OUT FOR CHAPTER 15. :))