readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson It wouldn't be a roadtrip without some detours...

I've been having an eye on this book for awhile now and finally i got a copy of it! Amy & Roger's Epic Detour caught my attention and got me thinking, What could be so epic about this? And guess what?! The book definitely answers that lingering question and makes me think of EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! up to the end of it! :)

Amy Curry is a junior girl who is really not looking forward for the coming summer since her mother decided to move across their country and ask her to get their car from California to Connecticut which is on both ends of the United States. Roger Sullivan who is an old friend of Amy's family, who also need a trip across the country, has been asked to accompany Amy since she is not yet ready to take behind the wheel since her father died of a car accident about three months ago. Together they embark on a cross-country trip visiting places they both have never been to and opening up with one another.

The road home may be unfamiliar but together Amy and Roger will figure out how to map their way.

I love this book for several reasons:

*I really adore roadtrip stories or any other stories that involves traveling since i'm a tourism student. hihi. and i could say that this book is really one of the epic roadtrip story i've read.
*I'm really fascinated with the United States and since this story involves a cross country trip on that country. GAAA! I just can't contain my happiness with it. Picturing the places they have visited, the people, the food. I like how descriptive it was. And yes, i'm planning to go there someday. :)
*I like the idea that this book appears to be like a scrapbook! With the pictures of the places, receipts and other random stuffs that makes the story more realistic.
*Roger's Playlist. Upon seeing those Playlists I can't help but think that Roger could be my soulmate when it comes to Music.
*Amy and Roger. I just really adore them.

It was a very well written book. Very simple but the stories behind each character is very moving. I would really be happy if this one would have a Second Part. PRETTY PLEASE DO HAVE A PART TWO. :)

EPIC! The title already speaks for itself, Amy and Roger really did have an Epic Detour.

SUPER RECOMMENDED! :)