readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Who's That Girl? - Alexandra Potter I've been seeing a lot of Sandra Potter books lately and think why not try one of it? and Who's that girl is the first that i got.

Charlotte Mayweather is the famous owner of a PR Company based in London. She definitely has any girls dream in life: a successful business, a good enough of money that can sustain her life and an almost perfect boyfriend, but she still finds herself stressed from too much work, a little bit lonely and alone at times. She finds herself thinking of things that she could have done differently 10 years ago. What would have happened if she did this instead of that? Meet this instead of that?

Charlotte has been experiencing some weird coinidences like finding her old car driven by a girl who looks just like her and parked on the same apartment where she lived 10 years ago and even has the same name as hers.

The characters are okay. Beatrice, Charlotte's assistant, well i really like her. I like her for simply being always there for Charlotte, not only because she is her assistant but because she consider Charlotte as her friend. She always stands beside her in times of needs and usually comes up with witty remarks to light up the situations. Vanessa and Julian, they are Charlotte's long time friends, though these two are experiencing a little trouble with their marriage, i still like them. Well, they are also there to support Charlotte in times of needs.
Then here is, Charlotte who is very hard working that all she could think about is to work, work and work and she simply goes to the flow of the people around her and because of too much work she is already experiencing from too much stress that she doesnt even notice it by herself. Until Oliver came, a barman who has known her and has an eye on her for 10 years ago but only its only now that she sees him differently, the appearance of Oliver is one of the key to the changes in Charlotte's life.They may have a little arguments and their relationship is only empahasized at the near end of the story, its still too obvious that they have that certain connection that would draw them to each other no matter what they do.

The story is kinda weird and it really does remind me of the The Time Traveler's Wife. But yea its different to that. But i liked this one, it has its own body and structure. I could say that it has been a good start for me and Sandra Potter. Way to go!

We can't change the things that happened on the past. We should learn to live with our decisions and have a greater view on life.