readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith “People who meet in airports are seventy-two percent more likely to fall for each other than people who meet anywhere else.And people who meet at least three different times within a twenty-four hour period are ninety-eight percent more likely to meet again?”

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight what a very clever title huh? This is one of the books that i wanted to read because of its clever title and its definitely one of my most awaited release for 2012. And I could say that it didn't dissapoint me.

The story happens for a span of only 24 hours. This is not the first i've encountered stories like this, but this one i guess it has a certain mystery to it that makes me stick with this story. So, basically, the story starred the girl Hadley who was on her way to London to go to her father's second wedding and finds herself meeting a boy named Oliver on the cramped waiting area of the airport. And since meeting each other, little twists of fate has played for both of them.

Its a very light and easy read. It would make you smile from time to time. It explores the different family issues encountered by both the characters. At first i was really annoyed with Hadley. The way she talks to her mother before she left her at the airport, the stubborness, the total loathing of going to her father's second wedding and other blahs. But as the story progress, it seems that she is really opening up. I become aware of how hurt she felt as to how her father has left them. It seems very understandable for a teenage girl like her to suffer that hurt and feel responsible for her parents divorce for she sees herself as the glue to her mother and fathers' relationship. As for Oliver, God. Why can't he be mine? HAHA but seriously, Oliver seems to be the kind of guy who is always happy going and not to mind any problem at all. But deep down, he is just a typical teenage guy who also faces problems. He's just good at hiding it. I also like the fact that his character is a bit mysterious. These two definitely have a very good chemistry with each other. The scenes that they are together really makes me swoon and smile at the same time. They seem so real and the magic to bothe of them is really there. They make me wish to also find someone like that when i go to an airport. hahaha.

I'm not really a believer of Love at first sight but I guess, this story greatly depicts it. It also depicts the saying that Everything happens for a reason. It makes us believe in love, fate and stuffs. :))