readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen Sarah Addison Allen is starting to be one of my favorite authors! I'm starting to read all of her books like whaaaaaatt! Yes, but anyways, lets talk about The Girl Who Chased The Moon

So, the story mainly flows to a girl named Emily Benedict who returned to the home place of her mother in Mullaby, North Carolina where she would live with her grandfather. And since her arrival, riddles surrounding the place begins to haunt her curiosity such as "Why her mother left that place?" and "What are the Mullaby Lights?". Then, She met Julia Winterson, a neighbor and the owner of the famous restaurant on the city which in her own have some issues behind her past and hopes to resolve and bring back an old love with the magic of her cakes and through her cakes and motherly presence, it gives Emily hope to find out what really lures behind her mother's past.

What I Like About This book:

♥ It has a very light story and the people seems to be secretly related to each other and seemed to be at eased easily with one another.
♥ The presence of the Mood Wallpapers on Emily's room which is pretty cool for me.
♥ The blend of supernatural-mystery / romance / Life thing is mixed accordingly.

What I KINDA NOT Like About This book:

♥ The Mystery behind the Mullaby lights just frustrates me. I mean, there could've been a better mystery behind it other than the one revealed in this book.
♥ It does not end with a great period. Not Literally, but what i mean is the story is left hanged. It would've been better is Maddie also played a part on the story so that she could have her own happy ending not when everyone has their own happy ending that 's where she would make her grand entrance. -__- Just an idea.

But all, its a good read. Nothing Too Bad, But noting too extravagant. :)

PS. This reminds me of the bookTrue Believer by Nicholas Sparks because the the mysterious lights that lures around the place. :)