readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins I saw this book a couple of times lurking on the bookstore and i simply pass them by, but one day i never know what comes to me, i suddenly picked it up and decided i wanted to read it but basically after reading it and researching about it i realized i quite made a mistake(not about getting this though) but i never thought this seems to be a second book to something with the title Anna And The French Kiss . Well anyways i continued reading it and therefore decided to read Anna and The French Kiss the next time.

The story is basically about a budding designer Lola Nolan who doesn't believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

This is the first Stephanie Perkins book I've read and it kinda satisfies me. I loved reading about Lola's crazy and unique outfits, the way she seems to act as natural as possible. Her character is very relatable for the teens of this generation facing the same dilemma as hers. The involvement of Lola's two dads adds to the quirkiness of the story. As for the guy named Cricket Graham Bell, well, i imagined him to be a cute and tall guy who fail to tell his true feelings for someone he truly loves. I loved His character because it seems to be full of mystery but at the same time full of sweetness and charm (in an understated way) that would surely make the readers swoon over him.

I liked how both of them struggle with their feelings for each other, though Lola already has a boy of his own, somehow she still doubted that love she felt when Cricket came back to her life. I guess, thats the exact moment when i suddenly know that here feelings for Cricket is still there. As the story goes, the Chemistry between Lola and Cricket just seems to get more and more obvious and at times they we're together i just wanted it to end and let them be together just like that! Though the plot is quite predictable, it still gives me the cliffhanger thing thinking how they could be together since the other part already has another person in her life.

There are just some things i don't like about it. I don't like Lola's attitude that she often acted without thinking of others, she just do what she wanted. Her thoughtlessness of things at times irritates me. hehe. ugh.Whatever.

So, that's it. A good read and satisfying. :)