readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

The Lucky One - Nicholas Sparks This is my 10th Nicholas Sparks book and i decided to read it because i heard that a movie adaptation will be shown next tear and i just had a habit of reading stuffs before it went to the big screen. :)

When U.S. Marine Logan Thibault finds a photograph of a smiling young woman half-buried in the dirt during his third tour of duty in Iraq, his first instinct is to toss it aside. Instead, he brings it back to the base for someone to claim, but when no one does, he finds himself always carrying the photo in his pocket. Soon Thibault experiences a sudden streak of luck—winning poker games and even surviving deadly combat that kills two of his closest buddies. Only his best friend, Victor, seems to have an explanation for his good fortune: the photograph—his lucky charm.

Back home in Colorado, Thibault can’t seem to get the photo—and the woman in it—out of his mind. Believing that she somehow holds the key to his destiny, he sets out on a journey across the country to find her, never expecting the strong but vulnerable woman he encounters in Hampton, North Carolina—Elizabeth, a divorced mother with a young son—to be the girl he’s been waiting his whole life to meet. Caught off guard by the attraction he feels, Thibault keeps the story of the photo, and his luck, a secret. As he and Elizabeth embark upon a passionate and all-consuming love affair, the secret he is keeping will soon threaten to tear them apart—destroying not only their love, but also their lives.

I like this one because it seems to be a very interesting story because i was really curious about the picture thing and looking for the girl in the image stuff. The characters are well developed and it seems to be easy to go with their stories. I don't really like reading the part of Clayton (other guy character on the story), he was very creepy and acted like a pervert at times. ugh. He's just creepy. I also like the end part which really left me at awe. In the last two chapters its truly where the climax is for me. I would not really state what happened, but lets just say that things happened and at the end of that chapter Elizabeth and her Son cried. And on the last chapter there are words like "accident", "funeral", "cemetery", "flowers" and i'm thinking out like OH MY! THERE'S SOMEONE WHO DIED AGAIN! NOT AGAIN NICHOLAS SPARKS! but my thinking was wrong there is really someone who died, but its still a happy ending. :)

In all, a typical Nicholas Sparks read and it seems to be a "gender-reversal" of "The Message in a Bottle" . The story was beautifully written and the end is very unpredictable. Let me end this by saying it has a HAPPY ENDING. It not usual for a Nicholas Sparks novel to have a happy ending, but this definitely has one and it makes me happy knowing at times, Nicholas Sparks still believed in Happy Endings. :)

P.S I'm kinda excited for the movie adaptation of this since Zac Efron will be playing Logan Thibault. K. :)