readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Epic Fail - Claire LaZebnik I simply loved this book. Period. No More No less. :)

Contrast to its title Epic Fail , this one is an Epic Win! for me. It's a great modern rendition of Pride and Prejudice that has kept its own identity separate from the old classic. Its a great re-imagined version or counterpart to the classic love story of the headstrong and opinionated Elizabeth Bennet and the intimidating, aloof,and handsome Mr. Darcy which was retold in a modern day setting of outrageous teens with the characters Elise Benton and Derek Edwards.

Though its just a retold story it seems to be a different one. A typical person who doesn't have a clue about the story of Pride and Prejudice would never think this is a retold story to that one. The author seems to bring out something new through the structure of Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy's life and that what makes me love it more.

Its a typical lovey-dovey kind of read, Yes, but i really do enjoyed it. It was funny and sweet. The characters are well flourised. It consists of all the classic argues present to a typical high school relationships. It was a beautifully written novel and I can't really deny the fact that i do really love the story of Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy, its a simple one yet full of love, happiness and trials and as i've said often time i'm a sucker for happy endings and stuffs :) So, yea. ♥