readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares - Rachel Cohn, David Levithan Since Christmas is within days from now, finding this book at this time of the year really makes me feel lucky for it was also set during the Christmas season and i love the Christmas Seasons. #blah . Aside from the wonderful cover, I liked the sound of the premise of this book which makes me really want to read it.

Basically, the plot of Dash & Lily's Book of Dares starts with Dash when he is browsing the shelves of his favorite bookstore and came across a strange red moleskin notebook and inside were a set of dares. Of course, he takes it, unleashing a game of Truth Or Dare between him and Lily. At first i had really no idea how the authors could make this story a little longer but I was pleasantly surprised at all of the twists and turns.

I love this book for its characters Dash & Lily for they are both very happy going and just seems to enjoy life despite the trials and sadness each of them is facing. I also like the idea that the dares take the two throughout NYC and really bring out the best of the city. And lastly and the greatest thing i liked about this book is it was full of bookish things too!! such as The Strand Library I WOULD GO THERE SOMEDAY! haha. bookish quotes and other literary things. The characters love of reading and words is the main thing that the story revolves around.

It is a truly poignant love story between two quirky teens which is full of playfulness, sweetness and it is utterly romantic. It is a very quick read and definitely recommended! :)