readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Take Me There - Susane Colasanti I planned on reading more of Susan Colasanti before the year ends and currently this is my second book of hers and i'm still a fan.

This story Take Me There is told in three intertwined perspectives of the characters Rhiannon, Nicole and James . It was a story of 3 friends who went to the same High School and been dumped by their boyfriends/girlfriend at the same time.

Rhiannon is a newly dumped girl and become overly devastated by it that it comes to the point where she would do ANYTHING just to win that asshole back.
Nicole is Rhiannon's bestfriend, who's also just broken up with his boyfriend Danny for several self-reason but the guy is obviously still in-love with her but the twist is that, Nicole seems to be inlove with another man an older one .
Then there is James Rhiannon's another bestfriend and they seem to know each other like forever. He was also been dumped by his girlfriend because of his too much closeness with Rhiannon.

I like how the book takes place only for a week for a lot seemed to happen. I'm not really fond of stories which are told in different or multiple perspectives, but it just seemed to work here for there is an overlapping between the characters' ideas and with those new informations it makes the scenes feel new and you'll definitely get to know more about each chracters. It makes me feel intrigued and excited at the same time.
For me, this book truly states the everyday life of a normal highschool teenager, it shows their emotions on how they go through things. Personally, i like and recommend this book for other girls and teens out there looking for a story that they could easily relate to. :)

PS. The ending just seemed a little bit blurry and open-ended.